A keto diet is well known for being a low carb diet, where the body produces ketones in the liver to be used as energy. It’s referred to as many different names – ketogenic diet, low carb diet, low carb high fat (LCHF), etc. A low carb, high fat diet, moderate protein diet. A very low carbohydrate intake and small amount of protein. Typical meal includes- A small amount of protein, Source of natural fat, Some green leafy vegetable.
Mechanism of action in keto diet- body uses fat as primary source, fat break down in Liver-Ketones, in neuronal tissue ketones are used in mitochondria to generate ATP. Relation between urine ketones and seizure control is imprecise.
BENEFITS OF KETO DIET
- Eliminates carbohydrates and replaces them with healthy fats and proteins.
- Causes you to lose weight quickly, efficiently and safely.
- You’ll have more energy.
- Can have more energy reduce many serious health issues.
- As a drug free cancer treatment.
- To improve Epilepsy treatment.
- To help people with Alzheimer's disease.
- To provide mitochondrial support for many different types of neurological disorders.
- To give diabetics control over their blood sugar.
- To eliminate gluten allergy symptoms.
- To relieve symptoms of other allergic conditions.